Recipe: Ravioli with spring vegetables in pesto-cream sauce
This particular recipe was inspired by a Betty Crocker "Easy Vegetarian" recipe I discovered on a blog. The combination of ingredients sounds perfect for a back-to-work night spring evening.
Yield: 2-3 servings
Time: 30 minutes
Cost: apx. $13.00
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, ends snapped and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cooked fresh artichoke heart, diced (optional)
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 9-12 ounce package of ravioli, cheese or cheese and artichoke blend, if available
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, optional garnish
- Fresh basil sprigs, optional garnish
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2. Combine the sour cream and pesto. Mix well and set aside.
- 3. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the asparagus. Cook for 3-5 minutes, occasionally stirring, or until crisp-tender. Stir in the diced tomatoes with their liquid. Cook for 3 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- 4. Cook the ravioli according to package directions and drain.
- 5. Add the pesto-cream sauce and ravioli to the asparagus mixture and toss to combine. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and basil sprigs, if desired.
This recipe was adapted by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on May 10, 2010.