Recipe: Fettuccine with basil pesto and baby zucchini
When there's a batch of homemade pesto in my fridge, I could easily eat well — using pesto as a key ingredient — for almost a week. I never tire of homemade pesto. Honestly, I can't imagine summer without a sweet sprig of basil for inspiration.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 25 minutes (most of which is spent bringing water to a boil and cooking pasta. Pesto used was prepared on Friday.)
- 8-10 ounces fettucine (I used De Cecco brand)
- 1 pint baby zucchinni (purchased from Ann Arbor Farmers Market)
- 1/4-1/2 cup prepared pesto
1. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine according to package instructions. In the last 1-3 minutes of cooking time (depending on thickness of baby zucchini), add whole zucchini to boiling water.
2. Toss cooked pasta and zucchini with 1/4 cup of pesto, adding more to taste. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on June 28, 2011.