Recipe: Angel Hair Pasta with Purple Basil
It doesn't take anything very complicated to make a spectacular meal, just exceptional ingredients.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (i.e. Mrs. Dash)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup purple basil leaves, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and tomato; cook until the tomatoes produce some juice, then add spinach and cook just until wilted. Stir vegetables into pasta, and place onto a serving platter.
Sprinkle basil over the pasta, then top with the Gorgonzola.
This recipe was written by Mary Bilyeu and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Aug. 17, 2011.