Recipe: Curried Swordfish with Yogurt-Mint Sauce
I found this recipe in a card carousel. It was a flavor combination I've never tried, so decided to give it a whirl. The original recipe called for cumin and parsley, which I omitted.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 swordfish steaks (apx. 1- 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, Fage preferred
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped lemon zest, plus extra zest for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint, plus extra sprigs for garnish, if desired
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Cayenne pepper
1. Lightly season fish with kosher salt. Combine curry, cumin and garlic and brush over the fish. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
2. In a small bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice and zest, mint and scallions. Season to taste with cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill, grill rack cleaned and oiled, to medium-high heat. Cook 3-5 minutes per side, depending on heat of grill and thickness of filets, or until swordfish is just cooked through and white. Spoon yogurt sauce over fish and serve.
This recipe was adapted by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 28, 2011.