Recipe: Bacon-Parmesan Popcorn
Yup — salty, crunchy, cheesy, and with bacon. Supreme snack food!
- 1 3-ounce packet low-sodium microwaveable popcorn
- 4 strips low-sodium bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (i.e.: Mrs. Dash)
- 1/3 cup very finely grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare popcorn according to package directions, then place into a large mixing bowl.
Meanwhile, place bacon into a large skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until very crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and crumble; reserve the bacon fat.
Add oil and crumbled bacon to the bacon fat; pour over the popcorn and toss to combine. Sprinkle seasoning and Parmesan over the popcorn, and toss to combine well.
Makes approximately 8 cups of popcorn.
This recipe was written by Mary Bilyeu and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Nov. 10, 2011.