Recipe: Webster Family Rum Balls
I heartily recommend seeking out high-quality chocolate sprinkles for this recipe. Also, it really is important to keep your hands nice and wet while you roll the dough into balls. I keep a bowl of water on the table next to me to dip my hands in as I go along.
- 1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers (30 - 36 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup rum (I prefer dark rum)
- 1/2 a cup (or more) premium chocolate sprinkles
Stir together the wafer crumbs, confectioner’s sugar, pecans and cocoa.
Add the corn syrup and rum and mix well.
With wet hands, shape into 1 inch balls.
Roll the balls in the chocolate sprinkles.
Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
This recipe was written by Jessica Webster and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Dec. 14, 2011.