Recipe: Vicki's Famous White & Dark Chocolate Bark
Vicki tweaked the following recipe from the back of a 2.5 pound box of Ghiradelli Candy Making & Dipping Bar, which she used to make the bark. The almonds she used were the "Wonderful" brand, roasted and salted.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1 standard sized cooking sheet is enough to fill a small tin.
- 2.5 pounds white or dark chocolate*
3 cups whole, salted roasted almonds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, for white bark only
1. Break chocolate into pieces.
2. In a microwave-safe or glass bowl, microwave 3-4 minutes (depending on microwave temperature) or until melted. With a wooden spoon, stir chocolate.
3. Stir in almonds (and vanilla if using white chocolate) and continue stirring until all almonds are covered with chocolate.
4. Spread on a cooking sheet to desired thickness.
5. Let sit at room temperature until cool, about 30 minutes. When chocolate has hardened, break into pieces and store in zip-lock bags or tins.
*Vicki used a 2.5 box of Ghiradelli Microwavable Candy Making and Dipping Bar
This recipe was adapted by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Dec. 23, 2011.