Recipe: Beef Tenderloin
Beef tenderloins may be expensive, but there are few crowd pleasers that are easier to make.
- 1, 3 pound piece, beef tenderloin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1. If time allows, allow beef to stand at room temperature one hour.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Rub tenderloin with cut side of garlic and coat evenly with 1 tablespoon of the rosemary. Generously season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Roast on a rack over a shallow roasting pan. After placing in oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees. Cook 35 minutes or until beef registers an internal temperature of 120-130 degrees for rare, 140 degrees for medium.
5. Let the tenderloin rest at least 15 minutes before slicing.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Dec. 28, 2011.