Recipe: Baked Dilled Pita Bread Appetizers
I have visitors in and out over the next week and don't plan to offer more than a simple tossed salad and these cheesy, delicious pita crisps.
Yield: Approx. 60 pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice and zest (1 teaspoon) of 1 lemon
- 4 cups grated Asiago cheese
- 10 (8-inch) pita bread rounds,* cut into 60 wedges
*If I can't make it to the Mediterranean Market for freshly baked pita, I prefer using the Yasmeen Bakery Pita bread, always available at Hiller's.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the dill, chives, butter, sour cream, lemon juice and zest in a bowl and mix well.
3. Spread the sour cream mixture over the pita and sprinkle with asiago. Place pita on a baking sheet and bake, on middle rack of oven, 7-10 minutes or until light brown and crisp.
This recipe was adapted by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Dec. 1, 2010.