Recipe: Roasted Baby Brussels Sprouts, Baby Potatoes and Walnuts
This is a one-pan supper. I don't want to lend more complication to an already complicated day but wanted something nutritious and satisfying.
Yield: 6 cups
Time: 25 minutes
Cost: Approx. $10
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound baby potatoes (1/2-inch each), washed
- 1 pound baby Brussels sprouts (1/2 -inch each), washed, stem end removed
- 1/4 cup medium-sized garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme of sage
- Juice from 1/2-1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Lightly season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Arrange potatoes and walnuts on a foil-lined baking sheet,side by side. Do not combine; the walnuts will be removed. Roast on middle rack of oven 5 minutes.
3. Remove pan from oven and remove walnuts; reserve.
4. Toss Brussels sprouts and garlic cloves with remaining oil and lightly season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Roast until garlic is lightly browned and Brussels sprouts and potatoes are tender, 7-10 minutes.
5. Toss Brussels sprouts, potatoes, garlic, walnuts and herbs together. Season with lemon juice to taste and serve.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Nov. 30, 2010.