Recipe: Green Bean Salad with Marcona Almonds
Looking for a vegetable recipe that can be made in advance? This is a favorite make-ahead salad.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Time: 15 minutes
Total Cost : Approx. $9.50
(Note: The salad may be made up to 6 hours in advance.)
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil*
*If your almonds are seasoned, omit the basil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; rinse with icy cold water and pat dry.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic.
Combine beans, smoked almonds and basil with vinaigrette. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Cover; chill at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours, tossing occasionally. Serve salad cold or at room temperature.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Dec. 7, 2010.