Recipe: Buffalo Celery Sticks
Whether serving these while watching a sporting event or a movie, or serving them at a party, they're an easy and fun food to offer.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- several splashes cayenne pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- pinches of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large stalk celery, cut into 5-inch ribs
- 1 cup Cajun-flavored corn chips (see note below)
Combine sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl; cover and let rest overnight.
Spread the blue cheese dip down the center of the celery ribs. Crush the corn chips and press the celery ribs upside-down into the crumbs to coat the dip with them. Place onto a serving dish.
Makes 12 or more Buffalo Celery Sticks.
Note: If you don't have access to Cajun-flavored chips, you can use either corn or potato chips and sprinkle them with Cajun seasoning.
This recipe was written by Mary Bilyeu and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Jan. 17, 2012.