Recipe: Wilted Insalata Tricolore
I picked up a rotisserie chicken and baguette and thought this classic Italian salad would be a great accompaniment.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head radicchio, washed and sliced or torn into large pieces
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula, washed and trimmed of tough stems
- 2 heads Belgian endive, washed, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Grated Parmigianno Reggiano
1. Wash the radicchio and arugula, tear into pieces and gently dry in a salad spinner. Rinse the endive and pat dry with a paper towl.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add raddichio and endive to oil and saut&eacuate;, with a pinch of kosher salt, 2 minutes, stirring. Add arugula to pan and sauté until just wilted. Toss with 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, adding more to taste, if desired. Top with freshly ground pepper, Parmesan and serve.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Jan. 20, 2012.