Recipe: Greek Beef Stir Fry
You could serve this over rice, and it would be lovely. It would be wonderful stuffed into a pita. But if you're eating a low-carb diet, this is fabulous all on its own, too. And for those who don't want the meat, just double the peppers.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, quartered, sliced
- 1 small orange pepper, quartered, sliced
- 1 pound thin-cut beef steaks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and peppers; saute for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.Add beef, lower heat to medium, and saute just until meat is thoroughly browned. Add oregano, salt and lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat, place onto a serving dish, and sprinkle with Feta.
This recipe was written by Mary Bilyeu and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Feb. 15, 2012.