2012 ANN ARBOR.COM | A2SO FALL COLOR PHOTO GALLERY GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
2012 ANNARBOR.COM | ANN ARBOR SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (A2SO) FALL COLOR GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF MICHIGAN WHO ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins 09:00 AM ET September 29, 2012 and ends 11:00 PM ET October 23, 2012 (“Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra Fall Color Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of Michigan who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, and contractors of AnnArbor.com, MLive Media Group, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contest (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the giveaway entrants must submit a photograph to AnnArbor.com during the contest period. One of three methods may be used to submit a photograph. (1) Uploading the photo via the form found on the initial contest article (2) Tweeting the photo to @annarborcom (3) Adding the hashtag #a2photos to their photo on Instagram. Upon submitting a photo the individual will be added to a running list of entrants maintained by AnnArbor.com. Entrants will only be added to the list upon their initial photo entry via any of the three methods and any subsequent submissions will not be added or increase the chance of winning. Upon entering the contestant's entry will remain on the list until the completion of the promotional period.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One winner will be randomly selected from the contestant list on each of the following dates: Tuesday October 9, Tuesday October 16, and Tuesday October 23. Upon being selected the contestant will be removed from the running list. The winners will be notified according to their method of initial photo submission. (1) Website Form: An email will be sent to the winner (2) Twitter: A direct tweet will be sent to the winner (3) Instagram: A comment will be posted on the photo submitted. In the notification the winner will be requested to contact AnnArbor.com by email or phone to confirm their Name, Age, and Address of Residence. The prize will then be awarded by mail or in person at the offices of AnnArbor.com. Upon confirmation if it is found the individual has already been selected in an earlier week they must forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be randomly selected.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. Each winner will receive 2 (two) ticket to the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra performance of Sabor Latino at the Michigan Theater on November 3, 2012. Total value of each pair of tickets to be awarded is $56.00 USD.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. No duplicate prize winners.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Michigan and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the applicable state. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the promotion period start date, to: Winner List, AnnArbor.com + A2SO Fall Color Giveaway, Attn: Kori Issac, 301 East Liberty St., Suite 700, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
13. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by AnnArbor.com LLC, 301 East Liberty St., Suite 700, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (the “Sponsor”).