After-hours event on business disaster planning, and more
Datebook is your source for information about important business events going on in the greater Ann Arbor area.
• Today: Milan Area Chamber After Hours on Business Disaster Planning. 5-7 p.m. Milan Senior Center, 45 Neckel Court, Milan. Al Prieur of Paul Davis Restoration will be the sponsor and guest speaker at the August Chamber After Hours. Life as we know it can change on a dime, when it comes to tornadoes, floods, fire, etc. The program asks: How prepared are you? The event is intended to help prepare business owners for the unexpected. The event is free, but an RSVP is encouraged at email@example.com.
Other upcoming events:
• Aug. 14: Marketing Roundtable Summer Workshops. 5-7 p.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Free. More info: http://www.annarborusa.org/events/details?e=11303.
• Aug. 19: 2012 Corporate Duck Race at the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival. 3:30 p.m. Huron River at Riverside Park, 515 E. Cross St., Ypsilanti. Free. Details: http://a2ychamber.chambermaster.com/events.
• Aug. 22: Coffee Connect: Ypsilanti Office Grand Opening. 10-11 a.m. A2Y Chamber Ypsilanti Office, SPARK East, 215 W. Michigan Ave., Ypsilanti. Free. More info: http://a2ychamber.chambermaster.com/events.
• Aug. 23: Headline Lunch: New International Trade Crossing with Dr. Roy Norton. 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. The Courtyard Ann Arbor, 3205 Boardwalk Drive, Ann Arbor. Free. More information and registration: http://a2ychamber.com.
• Sept. 13: The Women's Exchange of Washtenaw annual forum: Now We’re Talking. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Morris Lawrence Building, Washtenaw Community College, 4800 E. Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor. $89 in advance, $109 at the door. Register at www.wxwannualforum.com.