retail report: Lowe's Home Improvement requests temporary outdoor sales permit from Pittsfield Township
Lowe’s Home Improvement on Carpenter Road is requesting permission from Pittsfield Township to expand its outdoor display area for seasonal merchandise.
According to the Pittsfield Township Planning Commission agenda, the outdoor sales will take place on Lowe’s sidewalk in three places:
- At the north lumber entrance, where the store will have “new bulk stackouts of products,”
- Between the main entrance and exit, where there will be a new additional display area during the holidays, and
- At the south garden entrance where the store will expand its live plant selection.
Angela Smith for AnnArbor.com
Township officials will consider the permit at their meeting on Thursday. The application is made by Carlisle Wortman Associates, and the recommendation is to approve the permit with the following stipulations:
- The sales area will be striped
- Additional signage will be limited to 8 square feet
- No combustible materials will be sold in these areas
- Garden Center materials will be pulled in at night, lumber area materials will be removed by January 2nd, and Main Entrance materials will be removed each Monday
Lowe’s associates were not able comment on the permit. An internet search revealed the store is hiring two additional head cashiers, but is not hiring any seasonal help at this time.