datebook: Michigan Energy Forum on impact of 'fracking,' and more
Datebook is your source for information about important business events going on in the greater Ann Arbor area.
• Dec. 6: Michigan Energy Forum: Cheaper Natural Gas & Fracking and their economic & environmental impacts. 5-7 p.m. SPARK Central. 330 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Natural gas has dropped in price drastically in the last several years thanks to new drilling technologies such as "fracking," prompting manufacturers to explore gas powered co-generation. Burning less coal could reduce polution and GHG emissions, but fracking raises some concerns about ground water and safety. We will discuss the impact of fracking on natural gas prices and its impact on our fuel source mix and the economic opportunities, environmental impacts, regulations, and concerns being raised by this technology. Free. More info: http://www.annarborusa.org/events/details?e=11320.
Other upcoming events:
• Today: Entre-slam storytelling and networking event. 7-9 p.m. LIVE, 102 S. First St., Ann Arbor. $10 entry fee for storytelling. More info and registration: http://www.entreslam.com.
• Saturday: Marketing Roundtable - Visual Marketing & Branding. 5-7 p.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor. Free. More info: http://www.annarborusa.org/events/details?e=11306.
• Wednesday: U-M Women Leaders Making a Difference: Stories to Inspire Your Path. 8:30 a.m.-noon. Rackham Auditorium, 915 E. Washington St., Ann Arbor. $69. More info and registration: http://www.cew.umich.edu.
• Wednesday: Selling Smart Workshop- Overcoming Prospecting Paralysis. 9-11 a.m. SPARK Central. 330 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Free. More info: http://www.annarborusa.org/events/details?e=11475.