People & achievements in the greater Ann Arbor area, including CFI Group and Mechanical Simulation Corp.
• Mechanical Simulation Corp. was presented a 2012 Award of Appreciation for Exceptional Engineering Support by Continental Automotive, based in Auburn Hills. The award honors Mechanical Simulation’s assistance in developing an interactive driving simulator to demonstrate Continental's Emergency Steering Assist technologies; the simulator was used at the 2011 Enhanced Safety Vehicles Conference. Mechanical Simulation Corp. is an Ann Arbor-based developer of advanced software used to simulate vehicle performance under a wide variety of conditions.
• Recycle Ann Arbor, a provider of recycling and waste programs, is now recycling vinyl siding at its Calvert’s Roll-Off Containers site at 7891 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor.
• Fletcher Inspections Inc., a home inspection company in Washtenaw County, and Meadowlark Energy, specializing in green energy audits in and around Ann Arbor, have teamed up to offer combined service options. Beginning in January 2013, new home buyers will be offered savings on Meadowlark energy audits when their prospective homes are inspected by Fletcher Inspections Inc.
• Ann Arbor-based Gold Star Mortgage Finance Group for the fourth time has been named a Top Workplace in Michigan for 2012. The Detroit Free Press selected this year's Top Workplaces in Michigan after conducting a survey of 237 Michigan companies and organizations employing 159,134 people. In selecting its Top 100 Workplaces the Free Press examines a variety of workplace factors, such as a company's direction, career opportunities and management. The rankings are based solely on employee feedback.
• Jerry Mack, longtime host of the radio show “Nothing but the Blues,” which airs from 3-5 p.m. each Saturday on Ann Arbor radio station WCBN, was honored by Big City Blues Magazine when he was chosen as the best radio personality in the blues genre. Mack has been hosting the show for 35 years. An awards ceremony, called “Happy to Have the Blues,” was streamed live from UDetroit Media Cafe in downtown Detroit Nov. 11. The live awards show, featuring many renowned blues artists, can be seen at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26929472.
Email items for People & Achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for the weekly Business Review email newsletter here.