People & achievements in the greater Ann Arbor area, including Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn & Warde Medical Laboratory
• Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP and six of the firm’s Intellectual Property attorneys have been named in Managing Intellectual Property magazine’s inaugural “IP Stars” list of recommended law firms and attorneys. Among the Honigman attorneys who were recognized as “IP Stars” were two in the Ann Arbor office: Jennifer Sheehan Anderson, partner, Intellectual Property Department’s Trademark and Copyright Practice Group; and J. Michael Huget, partner and leader, Intellectual Property Department’s Litigation Practice Group and member of its Trademark and Copyright Practice Group.
• Ann Arbor-based reference laboratory Warde Medical Laboratory showcased its comprehensive esoteric testing catalog and cost-saving operational model during the 2013 American Association for Clinical Chemistry Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo in Houston, Texas July 28-Aug. 1. Warde Medical Laboratory provides comprehensive reference testing and esoteric molecular and genetic assays to for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals and multi-hospital groups across the United States.
• Humantech Inc., an Ann Arbor-based ergonomics consulting firm, recently promoted staff member Kent Hatcher to director of business development. In his new role, Hatcher will lead the account management team to create and develop new client relationships and to expand current accounts.
• Art Van Furniture officials recently revealed plans to convert 31 Mattress World locations throughout Michigan and Indianapolis to its signature Art Van PureSleep stores. The conversion now creates 76 Art Van PureSleep stores. Locally, Mattress World has a store located on Washtenaw Avenue in Ann Arbor. Art Van has an existing PureSleep store on Ann Arbor's west side, on Jackson Road.
• In late July, it was announced that six Michigan companies received investments from the Michigan Pre-Seed Capital Fund, totaling $1.5 million. The six companies are AutoBike, AlertWatch, BEET Analytics Technology, IROA Technologies, Patient Provider Communications and TM3 Systems. Troy-based AutoBike designs and builds automatic shifting bicycles. AlertWatch, based in Ann Arbor, develops patient monitoring software to help reduce medical errors. BEET Analytics Technology, based in Plymouth, is a manufacturing enterprise software company. Ann Arbor-based IROA Technologies develops metabolic profiling tools used to create unique chemical signatures in molecules for accurate biochemical analysis. Patient Provider Communications Inc., based in Ann Arbor, is a startup healthcare technology company developing a (multilingual) interactive bedside care system to improve provider response to patients. TM3 Systems of Royal Oak serves off-grid power markets such as defense, remote industry, and developing nations with a suite of portable microgrid products.
Email items for People & Achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for the weekly Business Review email newsletter here.