People & achievements in the greater Ann Arbor area, including Huron Valley Financial and Signature Associates
From new hires and promotions to industry awards, here’s a roundup of achievements by businesses and individuals in the greater Ann Arbor area:
• Casey Daniels is the new Vice President of Business Development at Huron Valley Financial, a mortgage banking firm headquartered in Ann Arbor. Casey will work mainly from the Ann Arbor office and be responsible for recruiting experienced loan officers for all of Huron Valley's branches.
• Anthony Leeds of Ann Arbor has joined Southfield-based Signature Associates as an associate broker.
• Global Language Monitor of Austin, Texas has launched a strategic alliance with Eiler Communications and its Apogee Insights Group partner of Ann Arbor. Apogee Insights Group is an advisor on business analysis and strategy, with experience in maximizing the value of intellectual property. GLM provides organizations with the trend tracking capabilities, with a particular emphasis upon the English language.
• The Washtenaw County Road Commission Dec. 5 announced the reappointment of Douglas E. Fuller to the Washtenaw County Board of Road Commissioners for a new six-year term as a road commissioner. Fuller’s term will run from Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2018
• Ann Arbor-based Greenview Data Inc., a provider of business email hosting and security, has partnered with email encryption company ZixCorp to provide simple and compliant email encryption for businesses of all sizes.
• Lake Trust Credit Union's recent Lake-to-Lake Food Drive collected more than 21,000 pounds of food, which will provide 25,000 meals for Michigan families in need this holiday season. Among the local nonprofits receiving the food was Food Gatherers in Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor-based moving company Two Men and a Truck and FireKeepers Casino Hotel in Battle Creek were partners in the community effort. Lake Trust Credit Union is headquartered in Lansing, with branches across southern Michigan.
• An Arthritis Foundation Innovative Research Grant has been awarded to an investigator at the University of Michigan. Lydia Li will receive a $100,000 two-year grant to study “Acupressure for Older Adults with Symptomatic Knee Arthritis.”
• IHA Dec. 13 announced its planned integration with Infectious Diseases Associates of Ann Arbor, effective Jan. 1, 2013. IHA is a large multi-specialty physician group based in Ann Arbor, with locations around southeast Michigan. The infectious diseases practice — comprised of doctors Michael Otto, Varsha Moudgal, Anurag Malani, Rajasekhar Jagarlamudi and Holly Murphy — has been providing care to patients across the region since 1991.
• Susan M. Collins, dean of the Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan, was appointed Dec. 12 to the board of directors of the Detroit Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
• Ann Arbor-based Perich Advertising + Design recently added seven new employees to support account growth and expand digital offerings. The new hires include Sandy Schewe of Plymouth as media supervisor, as well as web developers Tony Hernandez of Ann Arbor and Sarah Frantz of Charlotte. Perich also welcomed media coordinator Natasha Keasey and account coordinators Sarah Dolan, David Nesbitt and David Smendzuik.
• The membership of the Michigan Economic Developers Association recently elected Lukas Bonner, vice president of business development at Ann Arbor SPARK, to its board of directors.
• Seelio Inc., an online professional portfolio network for college students founded in Ann Arbor, recently announced the addition of Nate Johnson, vice president of marketing at Path and the former head of consumer marketing at LinkedIn, to its team.
• The Ann Arbor-based real estate brokerage of Prudential Snyder & Company, Realtors has added Todd Waller to its team.
• The Grainger Foundation has donated $10,000 to Washtenaw Community College in support of its welding program. The grant will be used to purchase new technology and needed equipment. This donation was recommended by Scott Keefer, Government Account Manager of W.W. Grainger Inc.’s Ann Arbor location. Grainger is a supplier of maintenance, repair and operating products.
Email items for People & Achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for the weekly Business Review email newsletter here.