People & achievements in the greater Ann Arbor area, including Prudential Snyder & Company, Realtors and Real Estate One
From new hires and promotions to industry awards, here’s a roundup of achievements by businesses and individuals in the greater Ann Arbor area:
The Ann Arbor-based real estate brokerage of Prudential Snyder & Company, Realtors recently added Diana Watches to the team. She and her family reside in Saline.
• In December 2012, Real Estate One held its annual food drive to benefit Food Gatherers, a Washtenaw County-based organization that strives to alleviate hunger. Real Estate One’s event raised nearly 500 pounds of food. Real Estate One has Washtenaw County offices in Ann Arbor, Dexter and Saline.
• Washtenaw Community Concert Band has been awarded a grant of $3,000 from the State of Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs. The grant was awarded through the MCACA peer review process and was one of 233 applications to compete for MCACA fiscal year 2012 funding. It is one of 35 awards made to arts organizations in Washtenaw County and is the only award made to a concert band in the state. The MCACA grant award will permit the WCCB to expand its community and student outreach this spring.
• Ann Arbor-based Tecumseh Products Co. announced Jan. 21 that Kent B. Herrick resigned as a member of the board of directors and as its chairman, effective Jan. 17.
• HSA PrimeCare, the national health care real estate division of Chicago-based HSA Commercial Real Estate, recently purchased the four-story, 86,125-square-foot Michigan Orthopedic Center at 5315 Elliot Drive in Ypsilanti. The facility is anchored by St. Joseph Mercy Health System.
• Plante Moran PLLC, a certified public accounting and business advisory firm based in Southfield, has been named for the 15th consecutive year to FORTUNE magazine's list of the "The 100 Best Companies to Work For." Plante Moran ranks #25, the highest-ranking accounting firm on the list. The full list of winners can be viewed at Fortune.com/BestCompanies and will be featured in the Feb. 4 issue of FORTUNE. Plante Moran has Michigan offices in Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, East Lansing, Flint, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Macomb, St. Joseph, Southfield (two offices) and Traverse City as well as offices in Ohio and Illinois.
• Signature Associates, a commercial real estate firm headquartered in Southfield, recently announced that the company has negotiated the sale of 6.48 acres of vacant land located at 847 & 909 Avis Drive in Pittsfield Township to Control Gaging, Inc. Jay Chavey and Steve Gordon of Signature Associates represented the seller, Avis Centre Five LLC.
• Ann Arbor-based nonprofit writing and tutoring center 826michigan recently announced the addition of three new members to its board of directors: Nicole de Beaufort of Excellent Schools Detroit; Jeffrey Rinvelt of Renaissance Venture Capital Fund, with offices in Detroit and Ann Arbor; and Debra Power of Ann Arbor-based Power Marketing Research.
• Scott Snuverink from Triangle Towing Service of Ann Arbor has received the American Towman ACE Award for achievement in service performance. Recipients were nominated by the nation’s major motor clubs and dispatch centers. The ACE Award was commemorated by the presentation of an original design belt buckle during the ACE Award Ceremony Nov. 18 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore.
Email items for People & Achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for the weekly Business Review email newsletter here.