Roundtable on cultivating a 'best company to work for' culture, and more
• Today: CFO Roundtable - How to Cultivate a "100 Best Companies to Work For" Culture. 7:30-9 a.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor. How can a CFO nurture a “100 Best Companies to Work For” culture? Is it fat paychecks? Fun colleagues? Public recognition? Karen Rann and Kevin Flattery from Plante & Moran PLLC, will discuss the practices their executives encourage that put their firm at #26 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. Free. Click here for more information, or to register.
Other upcoming events:
• Today: SCORE Business Workshop: Legal and Tax Aspects of Starting a Business. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Cleary University, 3601 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor. $10 at the door, or register in advance at AnnArborSCORE.Org.
• Friday: Starting Your Own Business, sponsored by Ann Arbor SPARK. SPARK East, 215 West Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti. $25. Click here for more information or to register.
• Friday: Market Research Workshop. 1-4 p.m. Washtenaw Community College's Bailey Library, 4800 E. Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor. Free, but registration is required.
• Dec. 1: Michigan Energy Forum: Year in Review. 5-7 p.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor. Free. Click here for more information, including how to watch a live webcast.