Top 10 business resolutions for 2010
1. Plan, plan, plan. The New Year is a perfect time to dust off your business plan and work on your marketing, social media, and sales plans.
2. If you haven't already dipped your toe in social media, now is the time to do it. It will start coming to maturity later this year and you want to be a part of that.
3. Choose your networking activities wisely. Look back at the events you attended in 2009. Which ones really resulted in leads?
4. Offer to speak, present, and provide your expertise to a local business group.
5. If you haven't already worked on business processes within your company now is the time to do it.
6. The new year is also a good time to reach out to your customers, new and old. Remind them that you are out there and ready to help.
7. Take hard look at your service offerings. Now is a good time to think about which ones aren't really paying off. If you've got a weak spot, fix it now.
8. Motivate your team. Ask them for input on how to implement your resolutions, and maybe they have a few to add to the list.
9. If you aren't already a member of your local Chamber of Commerce, now is a great time to join. With the recent announcement of the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Regional Chamber your membership means even more.
10. All signs point to an improved economy in 2010. Be ready. Ensure that your sales staff and your team are prepped and ready to go!