Workshop on legal and tax aspects of starting a business, and more
• Nov. 17: SCORE Business Workshop: Legal and Tax Aspects of Starting a Business. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Cleary University, 3601 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor. Structure, forms, things to look out for will be discussed. $10 at the door, or register in advance at AnnArborSCORE.Org.
• Friday: The Search Marketing Workshop. 7:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. Eagle Crest Conference Center, 1275 S. Huron St., Ypsilanti. Free for EMU staff and students, $25 for all others. Click here to sign up.
• Friday: Entrepreneurship Hour with Chuck Newman, founder and chairman of ReCellular. Inc. 2-3 p.m. Stamps Auditorium, Walgreen Drama Center, 1226 Murfin, Ann Arbor. Free. Click here for more information.
• Nov. 15-17: Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition. Eagle Crest Conference Center, Ypsilanti, with gala awards dinner at the Henry Ford Museum. 4350 for entire event, including Gala. Tickets for single days are $125. For more information, visit www.AccelerateMichigan.org.
• Nov. 17: CFO Roundtable - How to Cultivate a "100 Best Companies to Work For" Culture. 7:30-9 a.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor. Free. Click here for more information, or to register.
• Nov. 18: Starting Your Own Business, sponsored by Ann Arbor SPARK. SPARK East, 215 West Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti. $25. Click here for more information or to register.