Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM [Aug 9, 2012]
Join us for an afternoon of activities and some surprises at the Fairies & Fairy Door Festival this Sunday. Created by Mity Nice and hosted by the Sunday Artisan Market, the event is overflowing with family fun and activities. Highlights include:
- Fly Children's Art Center is our charity partner, and they will run the Mity Nice Arts & Crafts area magically. Children can make fairy tiaras and wands, or if they prefer pirate patches, a villainous mustache, and "hook"s from tinfoil and cups!
- Duane at BrickBash is bringing down an array of Legos for creative play.
- Come explore the fairy doors of Kerrytown. There will be more than a dozen fairy doors created by the artisans of the Sunday Artisan Market. Mity Nice has installed a new door too (which you can preview on its blog at MityNice.com).
- Girls and boys can enjoy free face painting, thanks to the generous sponsorship of Lily Grace, a luxury cosmetics boutique.
- Dress as a fairy or a pirate and join the celebration. A costume contest is held at 1:30 and a group photo will be taken at 2:45 p.m.
- Play a variety of fairy games and join the magic fairy circle.
- Visit the Mity Nice cart and enjoy some fairy foods and locally made sweets. Then stop by the Faerie Shop, with books from Nicola's Books, as well as a variety of artisans who are selling fairy doors, wands, fairy jewelry and more.
The event starts at 11 a.m. with some fairy tales and games. Most of the children's activities commence at noon at the Sunday Artisan Market and the Mity Nice cart.
Mity Nice produces these events in partnership with the Artisans Market as a way to bring more joy to Kerrytown and more customers to the amazing artists. Thanks to sponsors LilyGrace and Tea Haus of Ann Arbor for their support.
For more information, see our events page and blog at MityNice.com including http://www.mitynice.com/2012/07/fairy-games-aug-12/
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday. (Future Second Sundays include Books are Beautiful on Sept. 9 and All things Mysterious on Oct. 14.)