Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads committee wants your suggestions
The Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads planning committee is seeking book suggestions for the 2014 Reads program, which will take place in January and February.
The press release offers complete details:
Committees will be meeting over the summer to consider hundreds of possible titles - and they want your help!
You can suggest a title by visiting the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads website at aaypsireads.org, or by stopping by any Ann Arbor District Library or Ypsilanti District Library location. Suggest a title by June 30 and it will be considered for selection!
This year’s theme is ‘A Very Good Read’ and the book selected must be a work of fiction. Also:
• The writing should be engaging and thought-provoking.
• The subjects discussed should be accessible to readers throughout the community, high-school age and above.
• The length, price, and availability of the book should be suited to involvement by the general public.
• The book should be by a living author.
• Its treatment of issues should encourage readers to discuss the issues further with others, at home, work, reading clubs, and community events.
• Ideally, the subject should lead to constructive dialogues across our diverse communities.
What is Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads?
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads is a community initiative to promote reading and civic dialogue through the shared experience of reading and discussing a common book.
Launched in 2003, Reads program has been co-sponsored by the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti District Libraries and is supported by interested civic groups, the University of Michigan School of LS&A, the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti Public Schools, local bookstores, Eastern Michigan University Libraries and Washtenaw Community College.
Help us make Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads 2014 the best ever! To suggest a title, visit the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Reads website aaypsireads.org or stop by any Ann Arbor District Library or Ypsilanti District Library location. Suggest a title by June 30 and it will be considered for selection!