Wednesday morning Ann Arbor Farmers Market launches for season today
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_05_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_04_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_03_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_02_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_01_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_09_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_08_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_07_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Farmers/cache/050113_NEWS_Farmers_MRM_06_fullsize.JPG
The sun was shining as the Ann Arbor Farmers Market opened its Wednesday morning market on May 1, 2013. Shoppers were offered a variety of flowers, vegetables, lettuces and even a performance from the Ann Arbor Morris dance troupe in honor of May Day.
The Ann Arbor Farmers Market is located at 315 Detroit St. and is open May through December on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. There is a Wednesday Evening Market from June through October, from 4 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Farmers markets across the county are starting up over the next few weeks. You can find a full listing of area markets here.
Melanie Maxwell is a photographer for AnnArbor.com. You can reach her at MelanieMaxwell@AnnArbor.com.