Holiday fun without the gorging: A guide to Thanksgiving and other holiday events in the area
Oh Thanksgiving, that wonderful time of year when a holiday that celebrates the all-American values of overeating, over-drinking and regret. We get to gather with the family to watch the Lions lose and drown our sorrows in gravy. It's a truly magical time of year. Keep the magic rolling with this guide of holiday events in the Ann Arbor area.
• Here's a guide to what's happening tonight at some of the areas' bars and clubs.
• Gobble! Gobble! Gobble! Thanksgiving 2012 at the Ann Arbor District Library. Make a special Thanksgiving decoration for your holiday.
Peggy Lampman | Contributor
• Need somewhere to get a meal? Here's a roundup. It also includes ways you can help others.
• Santa’s Mailbox will be installed at Schakolad Chocolate Factory until December 17.
• Work off that pumpkin pie during the Thanksgiving hours at the Mack Indoor Pool.
• In case your holiday gathering isn't enough of a joke, spend your Thanksgiving Weekend with Heywood Banks at Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase
• Time to start decorating: The Annual Holiday Greens Market in Downtown Chelsea
• Here's this collection of recipes that combines the best coping mechanisms of all: Booze and dessert.
• But maybe you're excited about Thanksgiving. Probably not excited as the girl who sings about it.
• Of course, Arlo Guthrie has really cornered the market on Thanksgiving songs.