St. Patrick's Day bringing special events, early bar openings
St. Patrick's Day returns Sunday, and several local events will mark the occasion. Here's a sampling (to add an item to the list, email AnnDwyer@annarbor.com):
• The University of Michigan student government is presenting a "Bash on the Diag."
• Irish bar the Blue Leprechuan will open at 7 a.m. They will have St. Paddy's T-shirts available and serve Irish breakfast $5 all day long.
• Arbor Brewing Company will open at 7 a.m. and feature a special breakfast menu a morning Happy Hour until 11 a.m. Dragon Wagon plays at 7:30 p.m.
• The Corner Brewery will offer a special breakfast starting at 7 a.m. at their St. Patrick's Day Extravaganza along with daily specials. Live music by Kevin and the Glen Leven. A beer bus will be running every 45 minutes between Corner Brewery and Arbor Brewing.
• The Ypsilanti Pipe Organ Festival is offering a special St. Patrick's Day concert.
• St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church in Saline will host a St. Patrick's Feast to benefit Father Patrick Jackson House.
• Grizzly Peak is featuring a special Irishfest menu.
• Bar Louie will be celebrating both Saturday and Sunday for their St. Paddy's Party. $10 per day will get you breakfast, a T-shirt, DJs on Saturday night and live entertainment all day Sunday. They will also open at 7 a.m.
• Ashley's will have Saturday Green Beer Specials 6 p.m.-close. Sunday, they will open at 6:30 a.m. and serve alcohol at 7 a.m. $10 cover includes breakfast and a St. Paddy's Day Ashley's T-shirt. • Bill's Beer Garden will be opening for the St. Paddy's weekend, March 15-17. 5-11 p.m.
• The Ragbirds are giving a free St. Paddy's Day concert at Woodruff's in Ypsilanti.
• Looking for a family friendly, alcohol-free alternative? How about Around the World with Music at the Michigan Theater?