It's Gameday! Quarterback situation up in the air as Michigan hosts Northwestern
• Who: Northwestern (7-2, 3-2) at Michigan (6-3, 4-1)
• Kickoff: 12 p.m. at Michigan Stadium
• Live Blog: Join the MLive conversation at 11 a.m.
• TV: ESPN
• Radio: WWJ-AM 950 Detroit, Sirius/XM Ch. 91
• Latest spread: Michigan - 10
MUST READS BEFORE KICKOFF
• Kyle Meinke's 5 keys to victory: It all starts up front.
• Denard Robinson or Devin Gardner? Brady Hoke says you'll just have to wait for kickoff to find out.
• Speaking of Hoke not talking -- he's not discussing Russell Bellomy's situation either.
• Michigan will continue to give carries to two running backs, Thomas Rawls and Fitz Toussaint, as time goes on.
• Greg Mattison's high standards, relentless work ethic has the Michigan defense feeling nostalgic.
• Brady Hoke hearing his offensive line more, but still isn't opposed to shuffling in new players up front.
• Michigan prepping for Northwestern's big-play offense.
READERS REACT: ISSUE OF THE WEEK
We asked readers to ponder what, exactly, Michigan should do with Devin Gardner -- both now, and in the future.
• azwolverine1: Gardner will get a shot at being the starting QB next year based on what he's shown with his ability to escape the rush as well as to throw some nice passes under pressure. Throw in his size and experience...I'd have to think that he will win that battle and be UM's starting QB next season.
• GoBlueFan247: This is really a good question. Denard is our starting QB plain and simple. I think we need to take this issue on case to case basis from here on out, but Devin needs to stay at backup QB period. I still think we will see the Deuce at some point this season (Ohio maybe). Hoke knows the importance of that game and he will use it to get the offense rolling against Urban Meyer who is owned by Michigan.
• uberjones: After watching DG play, I've made a conclusion that Hoke told DR he'd remain at QB if he didn't transfer when RR got fired. Gardner looked good at QB, made good decisions for the most part looked liked a much more experienced QB then DR has looked. Of course anybody who disagrees with me just has to say "Minnesota" and I have to shut up.
KYLE AND NICK'S TAKE
• MLive.com Wolverines writers Kyle Meinke and Nick Baumgardner offer their take on the Michigan-Northwestern matchup.
• Kyle's pick: Michigan 31-24
• Nick's pick: Michigan 28-21
BIG TEN SCHEDULE
• Wisconsin at Indiana, 12 p.m. (ESPN2)
• Purdue at Iowa, 12 p.m. (BTN)
• Minnesota at Illinois, 3:30 p.m. (BTN)
• Penn State at Nebraska, 3:30 p.m. (ABC)
BIG TEN STANDINGS
Team W/L League
Nebraska 7-2 4-1
Michigan 6-3 4-1
Northwestern 7-2 3-2
Iowa 4-5 2-3
Michigan State 5-5 2-4
Minnesota 5-4 1-4
Team W/L League
Ohio State* 10-0 6-0
Penn State* 6-3 4-1
Wisconsin 6-3 3-2
Indiana 4-5 2-3
Purdue 3-6 0-5
Illinois 2-7 0-5
* - denotes teams ineligible for conference title