Posted on Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 8:34 a.m.

2 crashes slow rainy Monday morning commute

By Kyle Feldscher

Two crashes slowed the rainy Monday morning commute on U.S. 23 and eastbound Interstate 94, where one lane was closed, according to dispatchers.

A single-vehicle crash at eastbound I-94 and Jackson Road closed one lane, slowing traffic past the M-14 interchange, dispatchers said. It’s unknown if anyone was injured in the crash or how long the lane would be closed.

A two-vehicle crash on northbound U.S. 23 at Washtenaw Avenue was not blocking any lanes and didn’t appear to be causing a major backup. No one was injured in the crash, according to dispatchers.

As of 8:25 a.m., traffic was slow on westbound I-94 near State Street, causing a backup to Huron Street in Ypsilanti but that was due to normal traffic. An accident on eastbound M-14 near Barton Drive that had slowed traffic was cleared up, according to dispatchers.

View Monday traffic in a larger map

Kyle Feldscher covers cops and courts for AnnArbor.com. He can be reached at kylefeldscher@annarbor.com or you can follow him on Twitter.

Comments

Julius

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 4:35 p.m.

There was a crash at Ann Arbor-Saline road -- just before the ramp on WB94.

tazna2

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 4:15 p.m.

No the state/Ellsworth lane restrictions had traffic backed up to Ypsilanti, Nice job State Street south was a mess also. The city planning better go back to the planning board

Robyn Jones

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 1:51 p.m.

I live in Canton and get on 94 at Michigan Avenue - IT was backed up to my entrance.

Chris

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 2:07 p.m.

I am sure it was due to some lane closures on a surface street ten miles away. Of all possible explanations, that one makes the most sense.

Chris

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 1:27 p.m.

Just drove US23 northbound and it was very slow from US12 to just past I94 - there was a two vehicle accident about 1/4mile south of the I94 merge point. As I passed it was just being cleared and some lanes were blocked. There was nothing at all at 23 and Washtenaw.

Kyle Feldscher

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 1:32 p.m.

Chris, there's a good chance the accident I wrote about was cleared by the time you went through. You're commenting a full hour after the story was posted.

Robyn Jones

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 1:24 p.m.

Traffic slow on west bound 94 at state street is not due to normal traffic but rather due to the closure of Ellsworth at State Street. They have this down to one lane which is causing all traffic attempting to turn left (southbound) onto State from 94 exit to completely backup the freeway all the way to Canton!

Cheri

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 3:01 p.m.

There were at least 2 fender benders off on the shoulder in this mess, adding to it.

Kyle Feldscher

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 1:33 p.m.

Robyn - When I say normal traffic, I mean "traffic that's not being caused by a car crash."

Chris

Mon, Jun 10, 2013 : 1:28 p.m.

I was with you until the Canton hyperbole.