You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Mon, Nov 7, 2011 : 1:43 p.m.

Man treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire in Ann Arbor

By Kyle Feldscher

A pot left on the stove in an apartment at the Broadway Terrace complex caused a fire that injured a man Monday morning, Ann Arbor Fire Department officials said.

Firefighters responded at about 11 a.m. Monday to the apartment complex at 1508 Broadway St., where they found smoke coming from a first-floor apartment and quickly put out a kitchen fire.

A man who lived in an apartment near the one where the fire started was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, fire department officials said.

Officials estimated the damage at about $5,000.

Kyle Feldscher covers cops and courts for He can be reached at or you can follow him on Twitter.


Ann English

Tue, Nov 8, 2011 : 11:47 p.m.

I would have liked a map to show where it took place. With the even address number, it sounds like it's across from Broadview and the Highlands apartments, near Baits Drive.