Ann Arbor schools superintendent candidates will be interviewed at Marriott hotel next week
The Ann Arbor school board will interview the six candidates for superintendent of Ann Arbor Public Schools next week at the Courtyard Marriott, 3205 Boardwalk Drive.
The interviews will take place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. The interviews are open to the public, but the public will not be able to participate. The public will get a chance to ask questions of the final two or three candidates during the week of Feb. 28.
The school board chose the six candidates Wednesday from a list selected by a firm the board hired to help with the search.
The order of the interviews and the candidates will be:
- 1-3 p.m. Tuesday — Patricia Green, superintendent of North Allegheny School District in Pennsylvania
- 1-3 p.m. Wednesday — Manuel Rodriguez, assistant superintendent of Baltimore County Public Schools in Maryland
- 3:15-5:15 Wednesday — William DeFrance, superintendent of Eaton Rapids Public Schools in Michigan.
- 6-8 p.m. Wednesday — Shelley Redinger, superintendent of the Oregon Trail School District in Oregon.
- 1-3 p.m. Friday — Paul Long, superintendent of the Pennsbury School District in Pennsylvania.
- 3:15-5:15 Friday — Michael Munoz, chief academic officer of Des Moines Public Schools in Iowa.
To read bios of the candidates, click here.
Trustees plan to narrow the candidate list to two or three candidates after Munoz’s interview on Friday. Select trustees and district officials will then make site visits the following week to the finalists’ districts before coming back to Ann Arbor for a final round of interviews in a public forum.