Ann Arbor woman injured in Saturday house fire has died, hospital officials say
A woman injured in a house fire Saturday that killed an Ann Arbor man has died, officials at Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids confirmed this morning.
Tyne Mosbey, 19, of Ann Arbor died at 11:18 p.m. Monday of carbon monoxide poisoning, the Kent County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Mosbey and 20-year-old Jacob Rachford were found unconscious in the basement of 2275 Westaire Court, where a fire broke out near a stove in the first-floor kitchen at about 5:01 a.m. Saturday.
Both had severe smoke inhalation and were taken to the University of Michigan Hospital, where Rachford was pronounced dead at 6:17 a.m. Saturday. Rachford died of carbon monoxide poisoning from smoke and soot inhalation, and his death was ruled an accident, officials at the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner's Office said Monday.
Two others who were sleeping on the first floor escaped from the fire and suffered minor smoke inhalation. One of them called 911 and told emergency responders that two people were in the basement, officials said.
The fire remains under investigation.
Lee Higgins is a reporter for AnnArbor.com. He can be reached by phone at (734) 623-2527 and e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.