'Careless smoking' blamed for house fire
Pittsfield Township fire fighters battled an early morning house fire that they said started in the garage.
Fire fighters arrived at the home in the 3000 block of Maple near Packard on the township's east side at about 1:28 a.m. Monday to find heavy smoke visible in the home.
Crews quickly attacked the fire and contained it, according to a news release.
The fire started in an attached garage, according to fire fighters. They said it's believed to have been started by careless smoking.
No one was injured in the fire. All residents of the home had evacuated when fire fighters arrived.