Lima Township, Road Commission meet Monday to discuss 2012 road projects
Editor's note: This story has been corrected to include a second closed bridge in the township.
Two bridges replaced and reopened. Two to go in Lima Township.
Last year, Lima Center Road and Dancer Road bridges were replaced and reopened by the Washtenaw County Road Commission.
Lisa Allmendinger | AnnArbor.com
But when the Road Commission and township officials meet Monday at 5:30 p.m., there will be about $340 more in local road matching fund dollars available for other road projects in 2012. Township officials will have about $14,700 in local road funds to work with, but its $12,745 in drainage match money has already been committed to last year’s bridge work.
In 2011, among the major road projects were the crack and chip sealing of Old US-12 from Freer to Fletcher Road and an overlay of Parker Road from Jackson Road to Dexter-Chelsea Road.
Up for discussion in 2012 are the following projects:
- Freer Road from Interstate 94 south to Jerusalem Road - berm removal, ditch and culvert cleaning and the addition of about 4,850 tons of limestone at an estimated project cost of $76,500
- Jerusalem Road from Haist Road to Freer Road - shaping of the existing road and the addition of 3,050 tons gravel at an estimated cost of $34,000.
- Jerusalem Road from Lima Center Road to Fletcher Road - ditching and the installation of a culvert at an estimated cost of $14,000.
- Fletcher Road from Old US-12 north to Trinkle Road - reshaping of the road surface and the addition of about 2,150 tons of gravel as an estimated cost of $22,000.
- Easton Road from Dancer Road to 0.4 miles to the east - ditching work and a new culvert at an estimated cost of $9,500.
- Dancer Road from Dexter-Chelsea Road north to the township line - shaping of the road surface and the addition of about 4,100 tons of gravel at an estimated cost of $41,500.
- Wylie Road from Dexter-Chelsea Road north to the township line - shaping of the road surface and the addition of about 2,500 tons of gravel at an estimated cost of $25,500.
There are 41.59 miles of certified gravel roads in the township, and last year township officials agreed to 1 1/2 applications of dust control throughout Lima Township. One application costs about $15,220.
Officials will meet at Township Hall, 11452 Jackson Road, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Lisa Allmendinger is a regional reporter for AnnArbor.com, who also covers the Washtenaw County Road Commission. She can be reached at email@example.com.