Posted on Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 12:26 p.m.

Burglaries reported at Gabriel's Hoagies, window business

By John Counts

Police are investigating two burglaries reported Tuesday on East Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti Township.

gabrielshoagies

Gabriel's Hoagies is at 2585 E. Michigan Ave.

John Moors | Contributor

Deputies from the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office are looking into a burglary that occurred overnight at Gabriel's Hoagies, at 2585 E. Michigan Ave. A rear door was forced open. The building was searched and cash was stolen, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.

Professional Window Tinting, at 2757 E. Michigan Ave., also was broken into at some point during the night. A window was broken out with an unknown object in an attempt to gain access to the building. Police do not know if entry was actually made. It was also unknown as of Wednesday if anything was stolen.

There are no suspects in either incident at this time.

View August 8, burglaries in a larger map

John Counts covers cops and courts for AnnArbor.com. He can be reached at johncounts@annarbor.com or you can follow him on Twitter.

Comments

RJA

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 : 5:49 p.m.

I would like to see store owners, empty the cash register at closing time. What are safe's used for? I worked in a store for 9 yrs. the only money left in the register was $10.00 in singles and change for over night. During the day there was never over $100 in the register.

Lovaduck

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 : 7:55 p.m.

You're right, but it does no good to blame the victim..The crime (as I'm sure you'd agree) was still unjustified---unless they wanted one of their great hoagies!

Arboriginal

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 11:44 p.m.

T o go to Gabriel's and not get a hoagie is a crime indeed!

Jimmy McNulty

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 : 11:49 a.m.

No, the real crime is what they serve up on a bun.

antikvetch

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 6:30 p.m.

Maybe they just wanted to get out of the snow.....

WalkingJoe

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 8:03 p.m.

Sorry I see it's antikvetch. Guess my spell checker wasn't working.

WalkingJoe

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 8:01 p.m.

Thanks Julie, I wasn't sure about antivetch"s comment but now I get it. Good eye antivetch.

Julie Baker

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 7:35 p.m.

I'm assuming that's a reference to our unfortunate file photo depicting snow outside the restaurant. :)

dading dont delete me bro

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 7:18 p.m.

?

slave2work

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 6:21 p.m.

I liked them better with the buns they used before.

FaithInYpsi

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 7:56 p.m.

I agree...their buns are always dry and fall apart. Not to mention you have to order "extra" cheese to even know there is cheese on it.

harry

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 4:50 p.m.

I can understand somebody breaking into Gabriels. Their steak hogies are awsome.

Honest Abe

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 11:35 p.m.

The cheap, WONDER BREAD buns do not help either. This place cannot even hang with Izzy's , let alone a 'real' hoagie shop like Pat's or Geno's in Philly. I find it humorous when people say that Gabriel's is one of the best they have had! What a joke!

Honest Abe

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 11:33 p.m.

Anybody who DOES think they are awesome....has never had any good food. I have had hoagies from a gas station, that have tasted better. Sorry you dont like the truth.

WalkingJoe

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 6:41 p.m.

They are awesome harry. Worked at GM Powertrain Willow Run for 33 years and they were a staple for us many of us, usually at least once a week. Been retired for 8 years and go over once in a while and they're just as good now. Anyone who doesn't think they are awesome just doesn't know what a good hoagie is.

Honest Abe

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 : 6:17 p.m.

They are?? Umm, no.