Intruders target 3 homes on same Ann Arbor block, gain entry to 1
Note: The time frame of the home invasion where items were stolen has been corrected.
Home invaders targeted three homes on Pebble Creek Drive in Ann Arbor Tuesday, but only got into one, police said Wednesday morning.
Ann Arbor police Lt. Renee Bush said two homes showed evidence someone tried to break in but didn’t end up actually entering. However, the residents of one home weren't so fortunate, and multiple items were reported stolen.
All of the incidents took place in the 2900 block of Pebble Creek Drive. Two of them took place in the daytime hours Tuesday, while one may have occurred Monday night or Tuesday.
The first occurred between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday. A 68-year-old man reported someone cut the screen to his sliding glass door, Bush said in a media release. However, it appeared no one entered the home, and nothing was reported stolen.
The second attempted home invasion took place between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Bush said a 63-year-old woman reported a window screen had been pushed aside. In addition, the woman found the screens to two rear windows were cut and the garage door showed evidence someone tried to kick it in.
At that home, nothing was reported stolen, Bush said.
However, someone smashed a window at the third home and stole cash, an iPhone and an iPod, Bush said.
That home was broken into sometime between 5:20 p.m. Monday and 3:15 p.m. Tuesday, Bush said.
A message was left for Bush Wednesday morning asking if the three incidents are related.
The attempted break-ins and home invasion come on the heels of four Ann Arbor residents reporting break-ins at their homes on Monday and two break-ins reported Sunday that took place over winter break.
No suspect information was available on any of the incidents. Anyone with information on these incidents is encouraged to call the Ann Arbor police anonymous tip line at 734-794-6939 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK UP (773-2587).