You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2012 : 7:38 p.m.

Pittsfield Township police release photos of gas station robbery suspect

By Julie Baker

Pittsfield Township police released these photos of the suspect in Monday's armed robbery of the Sunoco gas station.

Courtesy of Pittsfield Township police

Pittsfield Township police have released photos of the suspect in Monday's early morning armed robbery of the Sunoco gas station.

About 12:04 a.m., a man walked into the station's convenience store in the 4000 block of Washtenaw Avenue, pulled out a handgun and demanded money from the cash register, police said.

The man made off with an undisclosed amount of cash. He was described as black, 6 feet tall and thin. He was wearing a black hooded sweat shirt "with skulls on it," a mask and dark jeans. Police said he was armed with a blue steel revolver.

After receiving money from the clerk, the suspect fled the area on foot. An Ann Arbor K-9 tracked the suspect which led to a nearby hotel but the suspect was not located. The clerk was not injured during this incident, police said.

Contact Pittsfield Township police at 734-822-4911 if you have information.

Contact Julie Baker at or 734-623-2576. Follow her on Twitter @juliebakera2.

Sat, Jan 14, 2012 : 3:58 a.m.

I cant see his face... You know high end video cameras are so small and inexpensive. I think stores need to be installing them in many different locations so they can really get a good view of "customers" hope they find the guy....

Sat, Jan 14, 2012 : 1:15 a.m.

Hahaha those pictures are not even worth showing around. Look out for a Guy who may be AA and is of average build and height. Got it.

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 4:01 p.m.

Very helpful pictures there. I mean even Ray Charles could tell who that guy is!

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 3:59 p.m.

No further comment, hide and watch Pittsfielf get him.

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 3:26 p.m.

I recognize his face..

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 3:23 p.m.

what makes RJA believe that the Pittsfield Police will catch this person---there has not been any arrest in the other armed robberies or break-ins----the crooks know that they there is a good chance they won't be caught --has the burger king robber been caught yet--you know the burger king --just across the street from the Pittsfield Township Offices and the Pittsfield Township Police Department ----

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 11:38 a.m.

Looks like the Grim Reaper in Camo.

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 4:03 p.m.

5c0++ H4d13y

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 10:54 a.m.

Oh yea I know that guy! smh

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 1:49 a.m.

I have a closet full of perfectly good hoodies that I'm reluctant to wear - to the bank or to the convenience store or just about anywhere. It's a shame. Hoodies are comfortable and warm but I fear that tellers or clerks will hit the silent alarm button every time he or she sees a hoodie. Maybe it's time we banned hoodies?

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 4:02 p.m.

If you're not doing anything suspicious why would they hit the silent alarm just because you're wearing a hoodie? That makes no sense I'm sorry lol

Homeland Conspiracy

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 2:16 p.m.

Don't ban my hoodie bro

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 4:20 a.m.

I think it's time we banned criminals.

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 : 1:07 a.m.

This suspect was certainly dressed in layers. (it certainly wouldn't take long to shed some) Hopefully he will be caught soon. Pittsfield Police are good and will close in on him.