Police find no evidence of gunshots outside Dream Nite Club in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor police investigated a report of shots fired outside the Dream Nite Club in downtown early Sunday but found no evidence of a shooting.
Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com
Bush said officers arrived and discovered many people leaving the bar in a hurried fashion. However, none of the witnesses on scene would speak to police regarding the report, she said.
There were no shell casings or other evidence to indicate gunshots had gone off in the area, she said. No injuries were reported, Bush said.
Dream Nite Club has had its share of violent incidents in the past year, including a stabbing on the bar’s dance floor and a shooting in a nearby parking lot. Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge Timothy Connors placed a restraining order on the club’s operations, forcing the bar to close for two weeks.
City officials have previously sought to declare the club a nuisance and have it shut down.
The owners of Dream, Jeffrey Mangray and his son Vickash Mangray of Ypsilanti, filed a $3 million lawsuit against the city of Ann Arbor in January. They also are suing the police department, police Chief Barnett Jones, City Administrator Steve Powers and the city's former administrator Roger Fraser. The owners say officials have made false allegations of illegal activity at the business, subjected it to heightened scrutiny by police and harassed it because its owners and customers are racially diverse.