Resident confronts 2 men trying to break into home
Ann Arbor police are investigating an attempted home invasion that took place Monday afternoon when two men removed a screen from a window before being confronted by a resident.
Ann Arbor police Lt. Renee Bush said police responded at 5:06 p.m. Monday to the 800 block of Kingsley Street. The resident told police he heard someone trying to open the side door. The resident walked outside and saw a man standing near the back corner of the home and another man crouching near the window sill.
According to Bush, the resident confronted two men, one of whom said he was trying to take a picture. The two men then got in a red pick up truck with a box in the bed and drove away after the resident told them to leave.
The resident discovered the window screen had been removed after the men left, Bush said.
Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to call the Ann Arbor police anonymous tip line at 734-794-6939 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK UP (773-2587).