Construction road closures in Dexter start Tuesday; then Saturday and Sunday for special events
Road construction projects, the village's annual ice cream social and the popular Dexter-Ann Arbor Run will mean road closures beginning Tuesday in downtown Dexter.
Jeffords Street at Main Street will be closed for approximately seven days starting May 29 while contractors finish constructing the final crosswalk that’s part of the Main Street road construction project.
Then on Saturday, June 2, Central Street between Main and Fifth will be closed between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. for the annual Ice Cream Social in Monument Park.
On June 3, as part of the 38th annual Dexter-Ann Arbor Run, there will be a number of road closures in Scio and Ann Arbor townships, Dexter and the city of Ann Arbor.
The Washtenaw County Road Commission has released the following list of planned closures:
- From 7:50 -11:05 a.m. — Huron River Drive from Maple Road to the Ann Arbor city limits
- From 8-11:05 a.m. — Huron River Drive from Wagner Road to Maple
- From 8:15 -8:35 a.m. — Baker Road from Dan Hoey to Shield
- From 8:25 -8:40 a.m. — Shield Road from Baker to Parker
- From 8:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. — Parker Road from Shield to Dexter-Chelsea
- From 8:35-8:50 a.m. - Dexter-Chelsea Road from Parker to Dexter-Pinckney
- From 8:35-8:55 a.m. - Dexter-Pinckney Road to the Dexter village limit
- From 8:30-9:15 a.m. - Huron River Drive from Mast Road to Zeeb
- From 8:55 a.m.-10:35 a.m. - Huron River Drive from Zeeb Road to Wagner