You are viewing this article in the AnnArbor.com archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see MLive.com/ann-arbor
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 : 11:15 a.m.

Webster Township pole barn goes up in flames early Wednesday morning

By Lisa Allmendinger

Dexter, Scio, Northfield and Putnam firefighters were on the scene of a pole barn that went up in flames early Wednesday in Webster Township.

Dexter firefighters said the call came in at 1:04 a.m. and when they arrived at the scene the 30x60 foot pole barn was engulfed in flames.

The barn, at the corner of Zeeb and Gregory roads, was totally destroyed, but there were no injuries, firefighters said.

Water had to be shuttled from the Village of Dexter to the site as about 18,000 gallons of water were used to put out the blaze.

Firefighters said they were not sure of the cause of the fire, but it is not believed to be suspicious. A damage estimate was not known, but the structure and a four-seater gator were destroyed in the blaze.

For more Dexter stories, visit our Dexter page.