You are viewing this article in the AnnArbor.com archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see MLive.com/ann-arbor
Posted on Thu, May 9, 2013 : 4 p.m.

Fire displaces 2 Augusta Township residents

By Kyle Feldscher

Two people were displaced Wednesday evening after a fire started by an electric dryer caused $50,000 in damage to their Augusta Township home.

Augusta Township Fire Department Chief Vic Chevrette said firefighters went at 6:48 p.m. Wednesday to a home in the 11000 block of Bunton Road. Neighbors reported seeing heavy smoke coming from a home.

The residents were not there and the fire was contained to the laundry room where it started, Chevrette said. There was smoke damage throughout the one-story ranch home, he said.

Pittsfield Township firefighters provided mutual aid and Huron Valley Ambulance crews were also on scene. No one was injured.

The American Red Cross provided shelter for the two people who live at the home, Chevrette said. The home did not sustain major damage beyond the living room and the roof above that room, he said.


View Larger Map

Kyle Feldscher covers cops and courts for AnnArbor.com. He can be reached at kylefeldscher@annarbor.com or you can follow him on Twitter.

Comments

leezee

Thu, May 9, 2013 : 10 p.m.

Never, never, never leave the dryer running when you are not home.

michael Limmer

Thu, May 9, 2013 : 9:29 p.m.

Good reminder to clean my dryer vent.