You are viewing this article in the archives. For the latest breaking news and updates in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area, see
Posted on Sun, Oct 23, 2011 : 4:46 p.m.

Firefighters douse kitchen blaze in Pittsfield Township

By Julie Baker

The Pittsfield Township Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire Sunday afternoon at Greenway Park Apartments.

Pittsfield fire Capt. Craig Liggett said a moderate amount of damage was limited to the kitchen in the one apartment, and residents had already evacuated when the department arrived. The call was received at 2:21 p.m.

The fire started on the stove after the resident had placed a box or something flammable on it, forgot and started the stove, Liggett said.

The Washtenaw County Chapter of the American Red Cross provided assistance to an apartment resident.



Sun, Oct 23, 2011 : 10:15 p.m.

Whoops. Looks like someone's not getting their security deposit back!