Firefighters extinguish small grease fire in downtown Ann Arbor apartment
Kyle Feldscher | AnnArbor.com
Ann Arbor firefighters extinguished a small grease fire in a second-floor apartment on Thompson Street Wednesday evening.
Firefighters responded to the 300 block of Thompson Street about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday after the fire was called in. Officials found smoke coming from the apartment on arrival and the small fire was extinguished quickly by firefighters.
The fire took place in an apartment above Chang Jung Mi Hair Collection. Both the residence and the business were evacuated by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
Two people who were in Chang Jung Mi Hair Collection were treated by Huron Valley Ambulance personnel for possible smoke inhalation, officials said.
No flames were seen on the outside of the home.
Fire crews shut down Thompson Street between Liberty and William streets Wednesday evening while they responded to the incident.