Free holiday meals offered in Washtenaw County
Nowhere to go for the holidays this year? Many organizations and churches throughout Washtenaw County are preparing meals for those in need, many of which are on Christmas Day.
Here's what some groups are offering.
- Hope Clinic will be serving free hot meals on Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. All meals will be at Hope Clinic, 518 Harriet St. in Ypsilanti. The meals will be served from 4 to 5 p.m.
- There will be a Community Christmas Day Dinner sponsored by Faith in Action and Our Savior Lutheran Church in Chelsea, at 1515 S. Main St. (next door to McDonalds).The dinner begins at 1 p.m. and is open to anyone who would like to attend. To get on the head count list, call 734-475-3305. Salads, desserts and volunteers needed.
- The daily free breakfast program at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, which runs every day, will be open as usual. Hot and cold cereals, coffee and other goods will be available. The church is located at 306 N. Division St., Ann Arbor.
- As part of a daily meal service, Food Gatherers' Community Kitchen located in the Delonis Center, 312 W. Huron in Ann Arbor, is serving on Christmas Day from 3 to 4 p.m. Food Gatherers' Community Kitchen serves hot meals Monday through Friday from 12-1 p.m. and from 5:30-6:30 p.m.; and from 3-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Holy Trinity Student Parish at 511 W. Forest in Ypsilanti is holding a meal on Christmas Day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. It's open to the public and free for all who would like to come. It's a brunch, and the church serves ham, eggs, sausage, french toast, hash browns, oatmeal and fruit. The parish phone number is 734-482-1400.