photo gallery: Images from the MFarmers' Market at the University of Michigan
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_02_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_01_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_03_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_04_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_05_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_06_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_07_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_08_fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/01 MFarmer's/cache/092712_NEWS_MFarmers_MRM_09_fullsize.jpg
Fresh vegetables, flowers and honey were only some of the things available for sale at the MFarmer's Market, hosted Thursday on the University of Michigan campus by Central Student Government and University Unions.
At the markets, held periodically, chefs from U-M catering demonstrate recipes that are simple and easy enough for students to prepare in their dorm microwaves.
U-M began the markets last fall and, to organizers delight, hundreds of students have attended each one.
Farms represented at the market have included Lesser Farms and Orchard of Dexter, Goetz Farms of Riga and Todosciuk Farms of Howell.
The MFarmers' Market will return to campus for the third and final time this season on Oct. 11.