Retrial for man accused of scalding 3-year-old boy in bath postponed
Judge Darlene O'Brien agreed to postpone the retrial for the 22-year-old Superior Township man accused of putting a 3-year-old boy in a bath so scalding that some of the boy's skin came off.
Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office
Wince was tried for these charges in November, but the jury was unable to reach a verdict. The previous retrial had been scheduled for Feb. 25.
He also was due for sentencing after previously pleading guilty to resisting and obstructing police, but that also was postponed until the retrial.
Wince's attorney, James Fifelski, said the postponement of the retrial was so he could have more time to examine the transcripts from the previous trial.
"We think he has a very strong defense so we're going to vigorously defend him," Fifelski said.
Kody Klein is an intern for AnnArbor.com. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org